The Academic Focus Area of General Education Core is designed for students who are truly undecided about their major. Students in this Academic Focus Area will take General Education course requirements until he/she has a better sense of what they might want to major in.
Sample First Semester Schedule:
- ENGL 1010 - Reading & Expository Writing
- HIST 2010 - U.S. History to 1877 or HIST 2020 - U.S. History since 1877
- One course to satisfy the Fine Arts or Humanities General Education Requirement (ex. THEA 1030 - Intro. to Theater)
- One course to satisfy the Social and Behavioral Sciences General Education Requirement (ex. PSYC 1310 - Intro. to Psychology)
- CSCI 1100 - Using Information Technology or UIT proficiency exam
- One course to satisfy the speech component of the Communication General Education Requirement (ex. SPCH 1300 - Introduction to Communication Studies)