The Academic Focus Area of Social Sciences is designed for students who are interested in the study of how people behave and influence the world around them.
Note: The typical Freshman course load is 15-18 credit hours. Schedules may vary based on student's individual circumstances. Please contact the UAC to meet with an advisor before selecting courses.
- ENGL 1010 - Reading & Expository Writing
- HIST 2010 - U.S. History to 1877 or HIST 2020 - U.S. History since 1877
- One course to satisfy the Social and Behavioral Sciences General Education Requirement (ex. PSYC 1310 - Intro. to Psychology)
- Foreign Language 2010+ (or appropriate level)
- MATH 1530 - Probability and Statistics
- CSCI 1100 - Using Information Technology or UIT proficiency exam