Thank you for your interest in the Crafter Program at the ETSU. The program allows for independent artisans to participate in ETSU licensing program by legally producing product adorned with ETSU trademarks and names. This license is ideal for fans and alumni who are interested in producing small quantities of merchandise for craft fairs and online marketplaces instead of at retail stores.
Through this program, crafters enter into a simple contract with ETSU that grants permissions to individuals to produce and sell licensed product displaying the ETSU indicia.
All individuals must obtain approval prior to using any of ETSU's trademarks and names on any product. ETSU is the sole owner of all trademarks, names, and logos in reference to the University; therefore, ETSU has the right to grant permission as well as protect and enforce the use of its marks.
Licensees must do the following:
- Obtain permission and approval prior to using ETSU's trademarks on any product.
- Show a sample of product to the ETSU Trademarks and Licensing program. Once an agreement is in place, the ETSU Trademark and Licensing program must approve all new items and designs.
- Enter into a one year contract.
- Based on estimated sales per year as shown in chart pay an annual royalty fee.
Gross Sales Amount Estimate
|Amount Due From
Crafter for Year
|$1 to $1,500||$50|
|$1,501 to $2,500||$100|
- Only sell items directly to individuals at festivals, fairs, events, or online. No wholesales or sales to any third party retailers are permitted.
- Sell no more than 500 items or $2,500 worth of merchandise in one contract year. If anticipated revenue exceeds these amounts in one year, please refer to www.learfieldlicensing.com for more information on the standard or internal license available through the Universitys licensing agent, CLC.
To get started contact Barbara Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 423-439-4766. An image, photograph, or sample of the proposed product is required. Once the samples are reviewed and approved, a Crafters License Agreement will be sent to the crafter for review and signature. This License Agreement should be returned with a check or money order made payable to ETSU and sent to: Barbara Mason, Director of University Trademarks and Licensing, ETSU, University Marketing and Communications, P.O. Box 70717, Johnson City, TN 37614.