Your documents (pdf, docx, xlsx...) and your picture (png, jpg..) are sometimes called "binary" files. It is so easy to upload documents and pictures but we never think about removing them. Let's get that done today.
Your documents and pictures 'live' on staging and in the production server.
- Log into Omni CMS
- Click on pages in the grey secondary navigation bar
- You are now in "page list view" seeing all pages and folders that make up your website
- Click to open either the documents or pictures folder
- By default the files are listed in alphabetical order - you may want to click twice on the heading "Modified" to get the list by oldest documents first - use whatever method works best for you
- You can recycle one file at a time by hovering over the file and clicking "recycle" in the file dropdown
- Or you can recycle multiple documents at a time by clicking on the box to the left of the file name and the clicking on recycle in the new bar that opens below the blue house and above the grey heading bar.
- You may have binary files in other folders besides your documents and pictures folder - to check those out follow the same steps in other folders. The files that you leave will be moved to the correct folder during migration.
Great job! You have cleaned up your site. If you have questions please let us know.