Faculty Staff Folder - Training Page
Building a Faculty Staff Profile Folder
Folder - one time event
Open Omni CMS and navigation to the folder in which you would like to add the Faculty-Staff folder, make sure that you are in the page list view. Normally this folder is built at the root under your main department folder.
Click on the Green New Button
Select the New Faculty Folder icon
You will be able to name your folder in the Directory Name field - generally it is named "facstaff, faculty, faculty-staff....." Remember to use lower case letters, hyphen or underscore instead of spaces and no special characters.
Add a Brower Tab Title, this will populate on the Tab Title, Page Heading and Breadcrumbs.
Click create - this will add the folder and within the folder you will have a default page that you will not be able to edit. You will see this message on the page (only while in Omni CMS)
"Directory listing will only be updated upon publish. It is recommended that you set this page to 'Schedule Publish' on a recurring basis. Only published profile pages will be displayed."
Faculty Staff Member - build each time you have a new member
Each time you build a new faculty member page save and publish it will be added to the faculty/staff folder's default page. When you publish a page you have to also publish the default page.
Open the Faculty Staff folder.
Click on the Green New Button, select the New Faculty Profile
The New Faculty Profile will open:
- Fill in the fields with your new faculty or staff information.
- Select the designation for your new employee.
- Scroll down to name the page - remove the untitled only! Best practice is to use the employees username.
- Then click create.
Your page is built, now to add an image and content.
To add an image:
- Click on the orange MultiEdit button that is centered above the page.
- To the left of the image field click on the button select image.
- Your picture folder will open, select or upload the picture (make sure that you have resized and changed the dpi)
- Click save in the bottom right corner
This is were you make edits for your current employees.
To add information about the employee - click on the main content to edit the page.
Remove a Faculty Staff Member
If you have a faculty or staff member leave you need to remove them from the page:
- View the folder in the page list view
- Hover over the faculty/staff page
- Click on file and then move to recycle bin
You have then removed the employee but you still have to publish the default page so that person is completely removed.
Make sure that whenever you make any changes to a faculty staff page you publish both the page and the default page!