East Tennessee State University (ETSU) was established as a teachers college in 1911. While our commitment to preparing teachers and school leaders is ever strong, the university has grown into a complex regional nationally recognized institution. ETSU effectively combines a wide range of strong academic curriculum of over 100 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including 13 on the doctoral level. An NCAA Division I school and member of the Southern Conference, the Buccaneer program consists of 18 teams and participates in the Football Championship Subdivision.
The Office of the President established a trademark licensing program whose mission is to:
- direct all commercial and retail associated with university identifying marks;
- protect university brand, by:
- ensuring that only approved representations of the university identity appears before the public;
- monitor and prohibit unauthorized use of university identifying marks;
- generate revenue through transactions associated with trademark licensing.
The formal licensing program is administered through and in partnership with Learfield Licensing Partners.