Policy for High School English Department
- All assignments are due on the date designated by the teacher. An assignment turned in the day after an assignment is due can earn up to 70 percent credit. An assignment turned in within a week of the due date can earn up to 50 percent credit; however, the assignment must be completed thoughtfully and fully in order to receive any credit.
An assignment turned in on the due date but after the class period is also considered late. Only a hard copy of the assignment or an email with your assignment attached and sent by midnight the night before the due date will be accepted as on time. Just bringing a jump drive to class does not constitute a hard copy. Students should make prior arrangements to avoid computer glitches if a word processing program is used.
A student with an excused absence has one extra day for each day absent to turn in missing assignments. Full credit will be awarded for excused assignments turned in within the time limit. Missing assignments or assignments turned in past the deadlines will receive no credit.
- Due dates for any assignment that encompasses a week or longer are absolute.
- Tests, quizzes, and any other make-up work may only be completed on the day the teacher announces. Unless other arrangements are made and agreed upon by your teacher, any work not made up will receive a grade of zero.
- It is your responsibility to turn in late work and make arrangements to make up any tests or quizzes. Your teacher will not interrupt class to ask for late assignments or to schedule a time for you to make up a test.
- Students may not go to lockers to get paper, writing utensils, texts, assignments or other materials
needed for class.
- If an assignment is illegible due to handwriting or color of ink, the paper will bereturned to the student ungraded and he or she will have one day from the day the paper is returned to rewrite or type the assignment and turn it in for late credit.
- Each assignment completed must have the appropriate teacher required heading written on it. Ten percent will be deducted from the assignment if any information is missing.