AP COMPUTER SCIENCE SYLLABUS
2017 - 2018
INSTRUCTOR: TIM ERWIN
CREDITS: 1 credit
PURPOSE OF CLASS: This course will use the the programming language JAVA.
This course concentrates on Object Oriented Design and the building of a strong logic foundation,
including heavy concentration on the AP Computer Science Lab Modules.
All students taking AP Computer Science are required to take the AP exam.
EXPECTATIONS: The expectations of the class include:
1. Students to complete all lab projects
2. Students to participate in class discussions
3. Students to have good attendance
4. Students to complete all homework.
5. Students to come to class ready to work (have jump-drive, notebook, pencil)
GRADING STYLE: Grades are based on the following:
Your grade for this class will be based on your class participation / attendance,
lecture test scores, lab test scores, and lab project scores.
Lecture / Lab Test and Quizzes Scores ============ points range from 20 to 100
Lab Project Scores ================= points range from 10 to 25
Class Participation / Attendance/jump-drive ======= points range from 5 to 25