What have you done today for your wellness?
The 7 Dimensions of Wellness encompasses 7 aspects that come together to form a well-rounded and complete view of wellness. The information below defines each aspect and gives examples of how you can incorporate each aspect into your life here at ETSU.
Social wellness is one's ability to interact with those around them in a healthy way.
It includes mutual respect and inclusion, social and political engagement, positive
relationships, good communication skills, and of course, leisure activities with family
- Volunteering/Civic Engagement:
- Volunteer ETSU
- Office of Community Service Programs
- ETSU Counseling Center
- Natural History Museum
- Mary B. Martin School of the Arts
- ETSU Sustainability
- TN Voter Registration
- Student Voting Guide
- Rock the Vote
- ETSU Student Government Association
- ETSU Civility Week
- Clubs and Student Organizations:
- Social Media (Healthy Social Networking):
- Twitter ETSU Campus Rec @ETSUCampusRec
- Sporting Events/Teams/Intramurals:
- Residence Life Movie Nights: https://www.etsu.edu/students/housing/default.php
Of or relating to the body as opposed to the mind.
- Healthy People (Sherrod Library/CPA collab) – research on health and wellness http://libguides.etsu.edu/c.php?g=211991&p=1399389
- Physical Fitness: Things To Do page on http://www.visitjohnsoncitytn.com/# ; State of Franklin Track Club Road race schedule ; Center for Physical Activity ;
- Nutrition: Bucky’s Food PantryETSU Food ServicesOne Acre Cafe
- Substance Abuse: Tennessee Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services ETSU Counseling Center
Of or relating to a person's emotions.
- Bucs Press 2: (423) 439-4841, then press 2.
- Three counseling clinics at ETSU:
- Negative Emotions
- Stress and Anxiety
- It is not the absence of stress that leads to happiness; rather, it is how we deal with it that can make us feel happy or unhappy. Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, well-known happiness and creativity researcher once said, “It is how people respond to stress that determines whether they will profit from misfortune or be miserable.”
- Suicide: ETSU PEAKS (Prevention through Education, Awareness, and Knowledge of Suicide);
Artistic expression: Arts @ ETSUJohnson City Public ArtJohnson City Cultural Adventures ; Reese Museum; ETSU Dept. of Art and Design GalleriesMary B. Martin School of the Arts Events ; ETSU Digital Media Program;
- Learn something new
- ETSU Faith-based student organizations
- Places of worship: