Starting a New Cohort
As a faculty member, there are a number of steps that you may want
to consider when contemplating a new off-campus program:
- Identify the need for a program. Very
often off-campus cohorts arise out of a
need identified in the community (for example, a school
system who needs more special education teachers).
**Finding a group of students who would benefit from your
specific program is a crucial first step.**
- Contact a cohort staff member to arrange a meeting about the
program/site and develop an action plan.
- Identify a location where the cohort group will meet.
- Meet with the marketing coordinator to create an advertising
plan for initial interest meetings.
- Develop the course schedule by semester for the degree
- Work with cohort staff to ensure students are admitted,
enrolled, and paid.
- Schedule an orientation session. This should include
cohort coordinators and the online student success coordinator
(if the program will take advantage of online