Undergraduate Student Advisement
The Office of Undergraduate Student Advisement promotes the continuous improvement of undergraduate advisement at ETSU by:
Assisting students in finding their academic advisor.
- Answering general advisement questions and serving as a referral source. Assisting students with advisement concerns or problems.
- Serving as the designee for Academic Affairs for student appeals after semester deadlines. Late drops, late adds, late withdrawals, change to audit, overloads over 21 hours, etc.
- Serving as a advocate to help students navigate through ETSU’s systems and procedures.
- Maintaining the ETSU “Need Help” function.
Advisors and Staff
- Providing advisor training.
- Providing Banner workshops.
- Maintaining an email distribution list for advisors and staff to keep them informed of policy and procedure changes and new advisement information. If you would like to be added to this distribution list please email Suzy Hooven at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collaborating with other ETSU departments and offices to improve ETSU’s websites, catalogs and brochures.
- Hosting monthly Academic Advisement Council meetings for advisors, faculty and staff involved with undergraduate advisement.
- Assisting with the development and redesign of advisor tools such as the Advisor Grade Tool in GoldLink.
- Coordinating the advisement setup for new student orientations.