Doug's Garlic Spinach with Pine Nuts
If you are in Johnson City, TN, there is a transcendental version of this that is served at Bella Vita, perhaps the best resturant in town. Go there. Eat there.
The Stuff That Goes in Them
- lots of fresh spinach, well cleaned.
- 2-3 T. of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves: thinly sliced
- pine nuts
- 1 shallot: chopped (use green onions, in a pinch): optional
- Kosher salt: to taste
What to do:
- Clean the spinach and then put everything in a hot wok.
- Cook until wilted, but not hammered!!
- Serve by itself or with pasta. If you serve it with pasta, add a few drops of uncooked olive oil just before serving.
If you do a good salad first, and maybe some antipasta, you have a really fine meal.
Last updated: The Ides of March, 2001