Dual Enrollment Courses for College Credit

When applying for a Professional School, the Admissions Committees view courses completed at a single institution more favorably than courses transferred from multiple institutions.  If Students choose to take science/math courses as fulfillment of prerequisite courses at other institutions and then transfer them to ETSU, they will need a significant number of upper division courses to indicate that they have a solid working foundation of the sciences.

If Students intend to pursue dual enrollment courses while in High School,  the Office of Medical Professions Advisement recommends choosing a limited number of General Education Courses, i.e., English, History, Humanities, Fine Arts and/or Social and Behavioral Sciences. 

NOTE:  General Education core courses are used to provide balance throughout the intense science and math prerequisite course loads while completing degree requirements.  

•  High School

        +  Suggested Courses

•  Tests for College Credit

  Dual Enrollment

•  Preventing High School Deficiencies