Fall 2004 - Spring 2005 Dept news
- Dr. Gary Henson was awarded the 2004 University Distinguished Faculty Service Award. For more information, read the article about the faculty awards.
- Dr. Yongli Gao (Ph.D. Geology 2002 Univ. of Minnesota) joined the Department faculty this semester as an Assistant Professor.
- New Dept Executive Aide Theresa Marlow joined the Dept over the summer, replacing Brenda Aldridge.
- ETSU Physics Majors David Simpson and Sean Matthews were admitted to the Honors in Physics program, joining Rachel Baker in the program.
- Dr. Blaine Schubert started a position in the department as a post-doctoral research scientist in geology associated with the Gray Fossil Site.
- Dr. Beverly Smith was awarded the 2005 College of Arts and Sciences Distinguished Faculty Research Award.
- Graduating senior physics major Rachel Baker has successfully completed the requirements for the Honors-in-Discipline degree in Physics. She is the first ETSU student to graduate with this degree.
Rachel being awarded her Honors-in-Discipline medallion by the Physics Honors advisor, Dr. Mark Giroux.
Rachel with her medallion around her neck.
Rachel with Dr. Beverly Smith and Dr. Mark Giroux.
- ETSU Physics major Moises Serrano won the 2005 Senior Physics Major award.
- ETSU Physics major Amanda Moffett won the 2005 Rosel award for the outstanding junior in the sciences (including all students in biology, chemistry, physics, and computer science).
Moises Serrano and Amanda Moffett with their awards.
Here is a picture of the department faculty at the spring 2005 student awards lunch. Click on the image to see a larger version.
Back row, left to right: Yongli Gao, Beverly Smith, Mark Giroux, Gary Henson, Dave Close.
Front row, left to right: Rico Ignace, Don Luttermoser, Yuriy Razskazovskiy.
Last updated: 4/26/05 by B. Smith.