- About the College
- Academic Departments
- University School
- Chair/Centers of Excellence
- Contact Us
Advisor Rights and Responsibilities
- The advisor has the RESPONSIBILITY to know his/her advisees
- The advisor has the RESPONSIBILITY to keep all scheduled
appointments and to notify the student in advance if it is not
possible to keep the scheduledappointment.
- The advisor has the RIGHT to expect the student to be
knowledgeable about policies, procedures and requirements. They
are listed in a variety of sources (e.g. catalog, schedule of
classes, student handbook, department check sheets).
- The advisor has the RESPONSIBILITY to gain the necessary
knowledge and skills to effectively and accurately articulate
specific degree requirements, as well as college, Core
Curriculum, Areas of Proficiency, TBR requirements, and licensure
requirements, if applicable.
- The advisor has the RESPONSIBILITY to provide the student
with accurateinformation about alternatives, limitations
and possible consequences of academic decisions.
- The advisor has the RIGHT to expect that the student will
clarify personal values and goals in advance of the advisement
session and will be prepared. The student will have an idea of
the kind of courses required and a list of alternatives.
- The advisor has the RIGHT to be treated in a respectful
manner and to become acquainted with the advisee.
- The advisor has the RESPONSIBILITY to maintain a complete and
accurate file on the student in order to monitor progress towards
goals and graduation requirements.
- The advisor has the RIGHT to expect the student to meet with
the advisor at appropriate times to receive advice in a timely
- The advisor has the RESPONSIBILITY to assist in the reassignment process if differences between the advisor and student should develop.