Upon clicking the Pager Icon a new window will open with the Pager Homepage.
1. The top panel will allow you to refresh your Pager tool to check for updated pages and also update the online status of your contacts. This area also contains a description of the indicator icons you will find beside your contacts names.
2. The second panel will show all users who are currently online in D2L.
3. These icons will allow you to check your history and access new pages.
|A P icon indicates that you have a new page from this contact. Simply click the P and it will open a window with the new page.|
|The H icon will allow you to access a history of pages you have had with this contact.|
The third panel contains all the users that
are currently not online.
5. The fourth panel contains all the tools for use in the pager.
|The add button will allow you to add classmates to your contact list.|
The remove button will allow you to
remove classmates from your contact list.
|The help button will bring up a help tutorial covering all aspects of the Pager tool.|
|The New Page button will open a New Page where you can specify the user you are wanting to page.|
|The Close button is how you will exit the Pager Tool.|
Sending and Receiving Pages
There are two different ways to send a page using the Pager tool. Open the Pager tool to the Pager Homepage.
1. Click on the name of a personal contact to open a page to that contact.
2. The button will open a blank page where you can specify the contact.
Upon selecting either a contact or a new page you will be taken to the Send Page Tool.
1. The To: dialog box is where you will enter the name of the contact you are wanting to page. If you selected the contact from your Contacts list this will already be filled in for you.
2. This area is where you type the message you are wanting to send in your page.
3. When you are done you can select the Send button to send your page to your contact.
When receiving a page your Pager will light up and play your incoming page sound you have selected in your Preferences.
Adding Contacts to your Pager
To add classmates to your personal contacts, click add from the main pager menu to open the Add Contacts Screen.
1. If you know your contacts name you can enter that here to add them to your personal contacts list.
2. Here you will have a drop down list of all your courses. Choose the course you want and a list of all your classmates will be displayed below. Put a check next to all the ones you want to add to your personal contacts list.
3. When finished select Add to add the users to your personal contact list.