I transferred to another college/university, but they said I can’t get financial aid until you cancel it at ETSU.   What do I need to do?

Send a written request by Goldmail, fax, or in person to the ETSU Office of Financial Aid requesting your aid be cancelled for the semester.  Be sure to include your name, ETSU E#, semester and/or academic year, date, and signature.  Let us know if you would like us to send notification by fax or email to the other college/university along with their contact information.

I transferred from another college/university.   What do I need to do to get my aid transferred to ETSU?

First, be sure you have the aid canceled at your previous college/university for the upcoming semester.  Since the federal records are not always updated in a timely manner showing the aid has been canceled, please request that the Financial Aid Office at the previous institution fax us a confirmation that the aid for the upcoming semester has been canceled or e-mail us at .

  • If your FAFSA does not have our school code, visit and click on “Add a School Code.”  Enter 003487 and submit the FAFSA.  We will receive it in approximately one to two weeks. 
  • You will need to check the status of your FAFSA and read your Student Aid Report (SAR) comments to see if your application was processed and results were sent to ETSU main campus.
  • You must also check SAR comments to see if you were selected for verification by the federal processor.   
  • If you are selected for verification, please go to the Office of Financial Aid website, click on "Verification" in "Forms" and print out the appropriate verification worksheet.  Complete the verification worksheet thoroughly, entering $0 for amounts where applicable.  Have the verification worksheet signed by all who are required to sign it.  Attach signed copies of all appropriate Federal Income Tax returns and all W-2’s.  Submit all paperwork to the Office of Financial Aid at ETSU. 
  • You may request an affidavit in the Office of Financial Aid if you are bringing, faxing, or e-mailing all required verification documents.
  • You must submit a Mid-year Enrollment Form, which is available online (print, complete, and submit via fax, mail, or in person) or by phone. 
  • If you received the Hope Scholarship or the Tennessee Student Assistance Award (TSAA) at your previous school, you must complete a TSAC Change of Institution form.
  • If you had student loans at your previous school(s), notify your student lender that you have transferred to ETSU.  This will enable you to continue your student deferment.  After you graduate, consolidate your previous loans with your new loans through the Direct Loan Consolidation Program .