eTHESIS: ETSU's Electronic Honors Thesis Repository
ETSU hosts an electronic repository for theses submitted to the Honors College. The repository was created as
a collaboration between The Honors College and Sherrod Library. The repository uses a software interface that supports virtually all forms of electronic media.
After an Honors Thesis is accepted into the repository, it can be accessed through the repository webpage (http://honors.epub.etsu.edu/) or by a search of ETSU's Sherrod Library Millennium catalog. All electronic theses, except those with a voluntary embargo, can be viewed by the general public. As such, theses maintain an academic immortality rather than irrelevancy on a shelf!
HONORS COLLEGE e-THESIS REQUIREMENTS:
Current Academic Year
Electronic thesis REQUIRED for scholars in University Honors, Fine & Performing
Arts, Midway, and Honors-in-Discipline programs
Prior to submitting an electronic thesis the following must be completed:
- Thesis approved by faculty mentor and readers.
- Copy of signed (student and mentor) cover page delivered to Foster Levy, Office of Undergraduate Research, Honors College,
409 Brown Hall, or 129 Yoakley Hall.
- Release Form/Agreement (download here)
signed and delivered to Foster Levy, 409 Brown Hall, or 129 Yoakley Hall.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Submission
- Go to the eThesis webpage:
- Login using ETSU username and password (only Honors
seniors can log in)
- Select the NEW ITEM button
- Enter information on each of the screens, click NEXT to proceed
- Use SAVE FOR LATER if unfinished
- PROGRAM screen - enter as many programs as applicable
- DETAILS screen - Abstract can be cut and paste from thesis
- SUBJECTS screen - enter all that apply (will help with cataloging)
- UPLOAD screen - it is most efficient to supply the thesis in
.pdf format. Either upload a .pdf file or upload a file in another format
and at the bottom of the screen (be sure SHOW OPTIONS is open), choose CONVERT and convert to
- UPLOAD/CONTENT - you can include supplemental material in virtually any format (text; video; audio, etc.)
- UPLOAD/EMBARGO - choose an embargo option if you do not want the thesis to be open access
- DEPOSIT screen - Print the AGREEMENT form, have it signed by you and your advisor, and
deliver the hard copy to Foster Levy, Office of Undergraduate Research, Honors College,
409 Brown Hall or 129 Yoakley Hall.
Questions: email: email@example.com