Faculty at ETSU have many ways to get involved with
the Honors College.
- Teach an existing Honors class in one of the discrete
Honors Programs, including:
- University Honors Scholars Program
(Check with Dr. Joy Wachs, Director )
- Propose your own unique course, targeted to students you want to involve by proposing an
Honors-sponsored course at ETSU.
(Check with Dr. Rebecca Pyles, Dean of the Honors College)
- Mentor a student in an undergraduate research or
creative activity. We have developed an on-line database
that will enable faculty to list project opportunities
and enable students to find them. Learn more about
Research & Creative Activities. (Check
with Dr. Frosty Levy,
- Various options for
faculty development in the arena of INTERNATIONAL
EDUCATION qualify for support from the Honors College.
To request funds for development of Study Abroad
courses, use this downloadable form. Examples:
- Investigate a potential international locale for development of an ETSU
Study Abroad course appropriate to your discipline.
- Participate in a faculty professional development program or workshop that
would help you develop an ETSU Study Abroad course.
- Propose activities to internationalize the content of an existing ETSU course
by adding assignments, projects, guest lectures, or technology to enable
communication with international sites.
Please visit this site for more information:
The Honors College is also very interested in developing
methods to recognize faculty who are involved in honors
courses, activities, and projects at ETSU. If you're
interested in the planning or have an idea, please