Title Code: 4027
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE LEAD WORKER
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
come first, are treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve
their full potential;
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are
under general supervision. Work performed in a lead capacity by coordinating,
training and providing back up for all positions within Accounts Payable
Department, and performing other related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Responds to customer and vendor requests for information.
- Researches non-routine account information.
- Resolves and reports account information to management.
- Advises and counsels customers and vendors on university policies and procedures.
- Researches, reconciles and balances routine and non-routine financial records.
- Corrects records as necessary.
- Researches account delinquencies.
- Develops and distributes collections correspondence.
- Codes invoices for charges to appropriate department(s) and account(s).
- Submits invoices for management approval and payment.
- Maintains departmental requests and receipts for purchases.
- Determines and completes reimbursement procedures.
- Generates and distributes invoices or refunds.
- Verifies payments received.
- Insures payments are correctly posted.
- Performs Tax Identification Matching to IRS files for all payees.
- Reviews subsidiary ledgers and determines proper classification of accounts for posting.
- Assists in auditing accounts and fiscal procedures.
- Covers for Purchasing clerical functions, as necessary.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of accounts payable.
- Knowledge of advanced bookkeeping procedures and principles.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to multi-task, with attention to detail and accuracy.
Applicants possessing these
qualifications have a good probability for success in this class. However,
applicants not possessing these qualifications should apply if they believe
their training and experience will enable them to perform the work successfully.
Graduation from a standard high school, some college preferred; and two years
accounts payable experience preferred.
Date Skill Eval
12/09/05 6 523121331
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.