Title Code: 4072
ASSISTANT EQUIPMENT MANAGER
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
come first, are treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve
their full potential;
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in
maintaining the daily operations of the equipment room; overseeing all equipment
operations including, laundry, inventory, and event set-up; and performing other
related duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Assists in the daily operation/functions of the athletic equipment room.
- Assists in the purchase, distribution, storage, security and accountability of all athletic equipment.
- Assists in the laundering of uniforms, practice gear, towels, and other materials used on a daily basis.
- Assists in locker room breakdown for home/visiting teams.
- Assists with team practices and games with assigned teams.
- Assists in packing equipment for team travel.
- Assists with event management for assigned sporting events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of athletic equipment care and maintenance.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning and care of athletic uniforms.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to move heavy objects and perform other physical tasks associated with athletic equipment rooms.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to recognize different functions of equipment as used for each sport.
- Ability to evaluate equipment for the best price.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high school, some college preferred; and two years related work experience in a college/university athletic program.
5/29/08 7 633021332
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.