FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in the operation, maintenance and servicing of boilers and performing related
work as required. Supervision may be available on call.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Checks gauges to see that boilers are functioning properly at the required level.
- Operates valves and adjust regulators to control flow of steam or water.
- Operates valves to blow sludge and scale from pressure system.
- Maintains and cleans boiler room.
- Assists in performing service work on boilers when necessary.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of boiler operation and repair.
- Ability to service and maintain pipes, valves and gauges on boilers.
- Ability to maintain boiler operations at the desired level.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Successful completion of the tenth
grade. Experience in boiler operations.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
4/27/82 4 223023214