Title Code: 6138
LEAD MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
come first, are treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve
their full potential;
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in the
supervision of the campus plumbing operations, preventive maintenance programs,
steam and water distribution systems, and HVAC systems; and performing related
work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Coordinates in-house HVAC maintenance and repair.
- Installs, repairs and services refrigeration systems, rooftop units, heat pumps, DX units, commercial refrigerators and freezers, ice machines, refrigerated air dryers, pneumatic systems and controls, VAV/CV air systems, VAV reset controllers, hot water re-heating systems, controls and piping, air and water cooled chillers, chilled water components and piping, dual duct air systems, electronic controls and boilers.
- Performs preventative maintenance pertaining to building management system controls, setting mixed air dampers, calibrating temperature sensors and chilled and/or hot water valves.
- Rebuilds chilled and hot water valves.
- Troubleshoots electrical controls.
- Manages work order back logs.
- Orders materials and supplies as required.
- Supervises non-exempt employees.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in preventive maintenance, HVAC repair, refrigeration, plumbing, and other maintenance work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used to perform these tasks.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical diagrams.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to plan and execute preventive maintenance programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for success
in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications should
apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to perform
the work successfully. High school diploma or equivalent. Vocational training in
HVAC mechanical systems and plumbing. Considerable experience in increasingly
responsible building and plant maintenance work involving a knowledge HVAC
controls, plumbing, and preventive maintenance.
03/1/07 12 734243443
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.