Title Code: 4347
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
come first, are treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve
their full potential;
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in providing daily support to the university counsel; and performing other related duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Serving as a liaison between the university counsel and various groups and individuals on and off campus.
- Provides expertise and direction in university policy and procedures.
- Composes routine and non-routine correspondence.
- Makes travel arrangements for university counsel and maintains all travel claims.
- Takes and transcribes dictation.
- Maintains and monitors budgets.
- Coordinates and participates in investigation, collection and compilation of information.
- Develops and maintains office filing system.
- Maintains and updates database and other files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of office functions.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and processes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent supplemented by some college coursework; three to five years related experience.
4/1/05 9 624132342
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.