OFFICE MAIL CARRIER
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under close supervision. Work performed
in handling the mail coming into a department or building, delivering outgoing
mail to campus post office or business office and performing related work
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Picks up or receives mail, sorts as to individual or office, and stamps each piece with date stamp.
- Delivers mail to proper place.
- Sorts outgoing mail as to first class or campus mail and delivers to campus post office or business office for postage.
- Unpacks large shipments, checks contents against invoice, and delivers to proper place as needed.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of departmental mail regulations and procedures.
- Ability to lift light to heavy weights.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with the other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Completion of the tenth grade.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
10/1/80 2 232012122