Title Code: 44940
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
come first, are treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve
their full potential;
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in a
variety of purchasing related tasks, and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Provides accurate vendor and purchasing recordkeeping functions.
- Inputs supplier/payee data into electronic systems.
- Assists with coordination and monitoring of bids.
- Reviews bid proposals, inputting evaluation scores into spreadsheets.
- Audits procurement card records.
- Assists department with daily operation of procurement system.
- Coordinates and participates in investigation, collection, and compilation of information including bidders, products, and supplier sources.
- Accesses federal data bases to verify information.
- Provides customer services to university departments.
- Performs other work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the purchasing systems.
- Knowledge of TBR, state, and federal laws and policies and procedures as they relate to procurement.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret collected data.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee and vendor information.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the public and other employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high school, some college coursework preferred. Two year experience in business environment, with purchasing experience preferred. Ability to access the IRS e-service web-site.
12/1/11 8 723031332
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.