FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in providing patient services using medical imaging equipment, as directed
by a physician; and performing other related duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Calculates correct technical radiation exposure factors.
- Positions the patient, applies proper radiologic techniques using medical imaging equipment, and takes radiographs.
- Processes film and evaluates radiographs for technical quality.
- Assumes care of the physical and psychological needs of the patient during examination and procedures.
- Maintains proper radiation protection practices and quality assurance.
- Maintains radiologic equipment.
- Orders all radiologic materials and maintains inventory.
- Prepares and files reports on all procedures completed.
- Maintains daily contact with hospital and Radiologist charged with interpreting results.
- Provides patient education relevant to specific imaging procedures.
- Assists physicians and nursing staff with office procedures as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of patient care, human structure and function, and medical ethics and law.
- Knowledge of radiographic procedures, principles and evaluation.
- Knowledge of medical imaging equipment and film processing.
- Knowledge of radiation physics and radiation protection.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, health care professionals
and the public.
Graduation from a standard high school or GED required; completion of
a program of formal education in radiography which has been approved by
the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) required;
certification required from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) to practice as a registered radiographer; one year of experience
as a registered radiographer required.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
03/10/94 8 423034431