SPORTS INFORMATION ASSISTANT
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in assisting in planning, organizing and coordinating promotional events
for athletics. Performs other duties as assigned.
Examples of Work Performed
- Organizes and coordinates promotional events during pre-game and half-time for football and basketball games.
- Assists in designing advertising for newspaper, billboards, radio commercials, transit system, etc.
- Assists in serving as liaison for Athletic game promotions.
- Collects and accounts for monies raised through advertising, program sales and discount ticket promotion.s
- Assists in preparation of proposals for sponsorships.
- Sells ads for sports programs.
- Responsible for coordinating various services for press box.
- Types news and sports releases, statistical data and other office correspondence.
- Handles confidential materials and requests.
- Answers telephone giving information to callers, responds to questions, and routing other calls to appropriate area.
- Coordinates the sale of programs during sports events.
- Supervises student assistants and coordinates work assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, campus community, and public.Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions.
- Ability to operate word processing equipment.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications should
apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to
perform the work successfully. Must possess valid driver's license. High
school graduate or equivalent with 2-3 years of increasingly responsible
office experience. Prefer previous experience in Athletics marketing/sales.
Willingness to travel and perform duties outside of normal working hours.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
05/01/83 5 523021232