FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in conducting the shelving operation, monitoring floors, and overseeing
shelf workers. Performs other duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Divides and/or assigns daily shelving, searching, shifting, or similar work.
- Checks production and progress and/or assures completion.
- Sorts materials from bindery and cataloging for shelving.
- Walks floors to observe general condition of shelves.
- Interviews, trains, and evaluates performance of new employees.
- Assigns, demonstrates, and explains tasks to new employees.
- Makes operating estimates such as shelf space required.
- Keeps and compiles production records of shelving processes, errors made, items processed, etc.
- Determines new alignment of books as shelves fill.
- Assists on the circulation desk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to plan and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of library filing and classification systems.
- Ability to explain procedures verbally and by demonstration.
- Ability to express ideas in writing.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications should
apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to
perform the work successfully. High school graduate or equivalent; plus
one year library experience; Bachelor's degree preferred; supervisory experience
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
5/1/83 5 6120312220
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.