STUDENT RECORDS COORDINATOR
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based
upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the
university's core values: PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed
in maintaining records and files; reviewing student records for graduation
requirements; verifying repeated courses and performing related work as
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Updates student file from grade slips, computer printouts, etc.
- Posts grade changes, repeats, and credit by examination to student record.
- Checks and verifies accuracy of information as required.
- Reviews student records and verifies that all requirements for graduation are met.
- Assists in preparation for graduation exercises.
- Answers telephone and composes correspondence as required.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of organizational rules, regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations and tabulations accurately.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship
with the students, the public and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable
them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from an accredited four
year college or university.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the
types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given
this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position.
10/1/80 6 523031232