Children interested in paleontology, science, art and nature are invited to participate in the annual Paleo-Camp at the East Tennessee State University and General Shale Brick Natural History Museum and Visitors Center at the Gray Fossil Site.
Scheduled for June and July, Paleo- Camp allows children to explore paleontology in the field and lab at the five-acre Gray Fossil Site as well as the museum and education center.
Campers will dig at the fossil site to find fossils, rocks and minerals, wet-screen for micro-fossils and identify them in the lab, make casts of bones, tie dye a t-shirt and play Fossil Feud. Each camp section will also have plenty of age-appropriate activities.
Several sessions for children from pre-K all the way through 8th grade are available. Session dates are organized by age group and are as follows:
2015 dates released soon!
• Session 1-AM: June 9-13, 2014 AM (Pre-K and Kindergarten)
• Session 1-PM: June 9-13, 2014 PM (Pre-K and Kindergarten)
• Session 2: June 16-20, 2014 (1st-3rd Grades)
• Session 3: June 23-27, 2014 (1st-3rd Grades)
• Session 4: July 7-11, 2014 (3rd-5th Grades)
• Session 5: July 14-18, 2014 (3rd-5th Grades)
• Session 6: July 21-25, 2014 (6th-8th Grades)
Session 1-AM or PM (Pre-K and Kindergarten only) is $90 per session. Sessions 2-6 (Grades 1st-8th) are $185 per session. Discounts are available for museum members and ETSU faculty and staff at a rate of $80 for Session 1-AM or PM or $165 for Sessions 2-6.
Watch for 2015 summer camp applications in January! For more information, please contact email@example.com
or call 1-866-202-6223.