Wireless Setup Instructions
Below, you will find links to setup instructions for configuring your wireless interface for connectivity at ETSU. Please note our wireless network policy.
ETSUWiFi uses domain authentication. In other words, connecting to ETSU's wifi service requires the same username and password as you use for most other ETSU services.
When you change your password for email, Goldlink, D2L or other ETSU services, you must remember to teach your wireless device your updated password.
It does not matter whether you connect to ETSUWiFi using a computer, a tablet, a mobile phone or any other wi-fi device; neglecting to update the password stored in your device WILL result in frequent account lock-outs from password failures.
Most ETSU owned Windows computers that log on to the ETSU Domain will receive the SSID wireless configuration automatically. If you are not automatically prompted to login to ETSUWiFi, plug the device into ETSU's network with a network cable and reboot so it can get the initial wireless configuration. If you are still not prompted to log into ETSUWiFi at next reboot, choose the correct operating system listed above under ETSU owned machines and manually configure the device.
Note: ETSU owned machines that use Microsoft Vista and Windows 7 may be prompted to enter their user name and password twice at initial login. The first set of credentials is to logon to the laptop. The second set is to log on to the wireless network.
Generic Settings for Unsupported Devices
To connect an unsupported device to our wireless network, you can try using the following steps as a guideline. Some of these items may not apply.
- Make sure you are in an area where we have wireless coverage.
- The network name is ETSUWiFi
- Configure your wireless device to connect using WPA2-Enterprise with AES encryption.
- The key is provided automatically when authenticating over 802.1x
- Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication
- EAP type is PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication is MSCHAPv2
- Uncheck "Validate server certificate" if applicable
- Identity is etsu\username (Take care to use a backslash "\", not a forward "/" slash.)
- Passphrase is your domain password
- If there's an option to use the device's local login credentials for connecting wirelessly, uncheck that option.