Master of Science in Allied Health, M.S.A.H.
100% Online Master of Science in Allied Health
Online Allied Health M.S.A.H. Program Overview
The purpose of the Master of Science in Allied Health (MSAH) degree program is to prepare allied health professionals for positions in education and administration in their respective health care discipline. The goals of the Master of Science Degree in Allied Health program are as follows:
- To prepare allied health practitioners to analyze, interpret, and respond to the major factors influencing health and health care policy.
- To prepare allied health practitioners to have an understanding of administration/management skills.
- To prepare allied health practitioners to function as educators and/or leaders in academic, clinical, or community settings.
- To prepare allied health practitioners to be critical thinkers able to analyze concepts, principles, research, clinical findings, technologies, and outcomes and apply them to the professional practice.
This online Master of Science in Allied Health was designed with working professionals in mind, offering the flexibility and convenience of online coursework led by the same faculty teaching on our campus.
Students who apply to the Master of Science Degree in Allied Health must meet all of the requirements of the master’s degree as established by the School of Graduate Studies at East Tennessee State University.
They must also meet the following program specific requirements:
- Attain a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools or equivalent.)
- Hold a professional license in an allied health discipline
- Completed GRE exam
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or complete the GRE exam and based on the following formula score 1700 or higher; (GPA x 500+ GRE aptitude score (V+Q+A))
- Three professional letters of recommendation
Admission is based on the GPA, GRE scores, quality of reference letters, strength of background, and available space in the program. The department can grant conditional admission to candidates not meeting all of the minimum requirements. All applicants must submit an official transcript, GRE scores, and letters of reference before their application will be reviewed.
Your Online Master of Science in Allied Health Program
Allied Health Core Requirements
- ALHE 5000 - Information Technology in Allied Health Sciences (1 credit)
- ALHE 5100 - Interdisciplinary Health Care Teams (2 credits)
- ALHE 5200 - Assessment, Planning, and Evaluation (3 credits)
- ALHE 5050 - Legal and Ethical Issues in Allied Health (3 credits)
- ALHE 5070 - Leadership Theory for Health Care Delivery (3 credits)
- ALHE 5150 - Population Health Issues for the Allied Health Professional (3 credits)
- ALHE 5500 - Methods of Research in Allied Health (3 credits)
Allied Health Core Credits: 18 Credit Hours
Guided Electives (Choose four)
- ALHE 5010 - Clinical Teaching Strategies (3 credits)
- ALHE 5060 - Allied Health Curriculum Design (3 credits)
- ALHE 5300 - Administration at the Department Level (3 credits)
- ALHE 5700 - Financial and Strategic Planning for ALHE Professions (3 credits)
- BSTA 5310 - Biostatistics I (3 credits) EPID 5400 - Epidemiology I (3 credits)
- HSMP 5550 - Human Resource Management in Health Organizations (3 credits)
- COBH 5900 - Grant and Proposal Development (3 credits)
Total Elective Credits: 12 Credit Hours
Thesis or Non-Thesis Option
- ALHE 5800 - Advanced Practice Seminar in ALHE (3-6 credits)
- ALHE 5960 - Thesis (3-6 credits)
Total Credits: 6 Credit Hours
Total for Master’s Degree: 36 Credit Hours
Source: ETSU 2015 - 2016 Graduate Catalog
Allied Health, M.S.A.H.
2015-16 ETSU graduate base tuition plus online fees*:
- $554 per credit hour for in-state students
- $706 per credit hour for eRate for out-of-state students
*Tuition cost reflected here includes 2015-2016 base tuition and online fees only and does not include RODP courses and programs. Some courses and programs may have additional fees. More information can be found on the University Tuition and Fee Information and the Incidental Fee Information pages.
Students meeting the requirements for Border County residency qualify for in-state tuition rates.
Financial Aid and Scholarship Information: