Starting in the Fall 2012 semester the eRate is automatically applied to your account if you meet the requirements.
ETSU recently received Tennessee Board of Regent’s approval ( Guideline B-060
) to implement an eRate for out-of-state students enrolled exclusively in online courses and programs. The eRate will be effective Fall 2010. Please notify prospective out-of-state students interested in your online courses or programs.
- The eRate is available to students who are classified as non-residents of Tennessee, and who are enrolled exclusively in online courses and/or programs.
- The eRate is 150% of the undergraduate or graduate maintenance fee. A significant reduction in the Program Services Fee has also been approved by ETSU. The eRate will be assessed for fall 2010 after TBR finalizes the 2010-2011 fee rates.
- To qualify for an eRate, students must (a) meet all ETSU admission requirements and must (b) be verified as an online out-of-state student. Students may contact the Online Student Success Coordinator in the Office of eLearning for eRate verification by phone at 439-8611.
- Students enrolled in any course not classified as online will not be eligible for the eRate but will instead incur traditional non-resident fees and charges for all courses. Online courses eligible for the eRate must be defined in Banner with a 9xx section number and identify Web as the instructional method. RODP courses eligible for the eRate must be defined in Banner with an R5x section number and either RD1, RD2, or RD3 as the instructional method.
- Students who qualify for the eRate are not eligible for any other scholarships or financial support directly from ETSU during the term for which the eRate has been awarded (students may be eligible for federal financial aid.)
- The eRate will be awarded each semester the out-of-state student is enrolled exclusively in online courses and/or programs.
*More information about ETSU Undergraduate and Graduate eRate Tution and Fee amounts can be found on the Bursar's website.
*More information about ETSU RODP eRate Tuition and Fee amounts can be found on the Bursar's website.
*Percentage is calculated using the 2011 - 2012 maintenance fee for one undergraduate credit hour. Program fees also apply but are reduced to exclude on-campus activity fees.