ETSU out-of-state students enrolled exclusively in online courses and programs are eligible to receive reduced tuition rates through the eRate. Please notify prospective out-of-state students interested in your online courses or programs. Information to note about the eRate:
- The eRate is available to students who are classified as non-residents of Tennessee, and who are enrolled exclusively in online courses and/or programs.
- The eRate represents approximately a 50% savings when compared to out-of-state tuition rates. Please view the Office of the Bursar website for updated eRate tuition and fee amounts.
- To qualify for an eRate, students must (a) meet all ETSU admission requirements and must (b) be verified as an online out-of-state student.
- The eRate is automatically applied to the student's account if they meet the requirements.
- Students enrolled in any course not classified as online will not be eligible for the eRate but will instead incur traditional non-resident fees and charges for all courses. Online courses eligible for the eRate must be defined in Banner with a 9xx section number and identify Web as the instructional method. RODP / TN eCampus courses eligible for the eRate must be defined in Banner with an Rxx section number and either RD1, RD2, or RD3 as the instructional method.
- Students who qualify for the eRate are not eligible for any other scholarships or financial support directly from ETSU during the term for which the eRate has been awarded (students may be eligible for federal financial aid.)
- The eRate will be awarded each semester the out-of-state student is enrolled exclusively in online courses and/or programs.
- The Tennessee Board of Regent's Guideline B-060 may be accessed online for additional information.