Buccaneer Ridge apartments offer all of the benefits and conveniences of life on-campus with the additional luxury and independence of many off-campus options. Students may choose from four or two bedroom units - either choice includes private bedrooms, full sized beds, full kitchens, common living room and two full bathrooms. Additionally, Buccaneer Ridge residents enjoy basketball and sand volleyball courts, a clubhouse with open meeting space, and during the warm months a lounging pool. Contracts are available on Academic Year or Extended Year terms, so students can enjoy uninterrupted convenience during the summer.
The Buccaneer Ridge Apartments consist of five phases with each phase having its own unique qualities that will enhance your
on-campus living experience.
- Phase 1- Opened in fall 1998- Buildings A & B consist of four-bedroom apartments. Buildings C-J consists of two-bedroom apartments. Phase 1 apartments have porches or balconies.
- Phase 2 - Opened in fall 2004- Buildings L-O consist of two-bedroom apartments. Phase 2 apartments have porches or balconies.
- Phase 3 - Opened in fall 2010- Buildings P-Q consist of two-bedroom apartments. Phase 3 apartments have an elevator, but do not have porches or balconies.
- Phase 4 - Opened in fall 2011- Buildings R-S include a few one-bedroom, single efficiency, and super two-bedroom apartments with most being two-bedroom apartments. Phase 4 apartments have an elevator, but do not have porches or balconies.
- Phase 5 - Renovated/re-opened in fall 2012- Buildings T-U consist of one-bedroom and efficiency apartments. Phase 5 apartments are reserved for graduate, married or single parent students with a child under the age of 7. The apartments contain a central laundry room. For more information on Phase 5 click here.
The major features included are:
Individual bedroom units: fully furnished with full-sized bed; desk; chair; closet with full-length mirror; cable TV; data jacks; and alarm system
Individual leases: $100 deposit with no utilities hook-up fees; semesterly payment to the university for rent, water, and electricity; affordable academic year leases and separate summer leases available.
Furnishings: share fully furnished living room; kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, and garbage disposal; and washer and dryer. Phases 1 and 2 have a patio or deck. Phases 3 and 4 have elevators. Phase 4 has Wi-Fi.
Two-bedroom units have individual bathrooms; four-bedroom units have two bathrooms. Limited number of one-bedroom, efficiency, and super-two (one student in one bedroom, two in another) available in Phase IV only.
Safety: sprinkler and alarm systems; shuttle service; campus police patrol; and on-site manager and resident advisors.
Recreation: lounging pool; volleyball and basketball courts; easy access to campus facilities and clubhouse with meeting room.
Services: clubhouse; access to copier and fax; available staff; maintenance and landscape personnel; central heat and air conditioning.