Phones Instructions for Phone Use
On-campus Dialing Instructions
- In an emergency: Dial 911
- ETSU Police: Dial 439-4480
Local and Toll-Free Dialing
- Campus numbers: Dial only the last five digits
- Local, off campus: Dial 8 + the seven-digit number
- Toll-free: Dial 8 + 1 + toll-free number
- Dial 8 + 011 + country code + city code + local telephone number
- The country code and city code, if any, can be found on pages 10 and 11 of the Sprint telephone directory.
- Students are not allowed to make international calls using the University authorization code. You must use a calling card to complete an international call.
- Campus Information: Dial 439-1000 or 0
- Directory Assistance: Dial 8 + 1 + area code + 555-1212.
Please note: This is a toll call. You must use a calling card or authorization code to call directory assistance.
- Online directories: www.anywho.com and www.switchboard.com
Employee phones can do more than just make a simple phone call. They have the ability to pick up calls on other extensions, hold, transfer, conference, and more. Choose from the available models below to see specific instructions for your phone.
If you are looking for voicemail instructions then you can find them on our voicemail instructions page.