100% Online Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Human Services
The Online Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Human Services
is designed to provide a human and behavioral science background for students interested in counseling, case management, administration, or similar professions.
Professional employment in Human Services is applied in treatment centers, hospitals, child and youth care facilities, community mental health centers, licensed professional practice, colleges/universities, schools, governmental and non-governmental organizations and institutions, group homes, foster and transitional care, in-home counseling, homeless and runaway shelters, community action agencies, wilderness and adventure programs, and in other similar programs focused on social and personal development.
Program of Study
Online B.S. in Human Services
View the course list and graduation requirements for ETSU's Bachelor of Science in Human Services degree in the ETSU Undergraduate Catalog.
General Degree Requirements
To earn a degree from ETSU, there are specific course requirements established by ETSU, by the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR), by each college, and by each department. All students must meet the degree requirements at each of these levels outlined in the following list:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 credit hours is required.
- CSCI 1100 or the proficiency exam
- California Critical Thinking Skills Test (CCTST) (Senior Exit Exam)
Total Credit Hours for Degree: 120
How to Apply
The Application Process:
The process for enrolling in the online Human Services degree program involves:
1. apply to East Tennessee State University.
2. apply to the Human Services program (which is a different process from applying to the university) after completing 30 credit hours of college course work. Note: If you have previous college credit, it may count toward the hours requirements. If you're interested in Human Services and don't yet have 30 hours of completed course work, you can still speak with an advisor by using the contact form beneath this information box.
Please visit the ETSU Office of Admissions Website to apply to ETSU. For help with your application or questions concerning the admissions process, you can contact the Office of Admissions directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 1-800-462-3878.
Tuition and Aid
Tuition, Fee, and Financial Assistance
ETSU eRate (for out-of-state students taking ALL course work online in any semester)
Border County Information: Students in North Carolina and Virginia living in counties bordering Tennessee may
receive in-state tuition. For more detailed tuition information based on your specific situation, please contact
the ETSU Office of Admissions.
Student accounts, payment calendars, and payment plan information
Let Us Introduce You to The Program Advisor!
Enter your email below using the link below and we will personally provide you with additional information and provide you with contact information for the Bachelor of Science in Human Services program advisor.