eRate for Online Courses
an Information Technology Services Policy
Establishes reduced maintenance fee for students classified as out-of-state who are enrolled in only online courses for any given semester.
ETSU out-of-state students enrolled exclusively in online courses and programs are eligible to receive reduced tuition rates through the eRate. Information to note about the eRate:
- The eRate is available to students who are classified as non-residents of Tennessee, and who are enrolled exclusively in online courses and/or programs.
- The eRate represents approximately a 50% savings when compared to out-of-state tuition
rates. Please view the Office of the Bursar website for current eRate tuition and fee amounts.
- ETSU Undergraduate eRate
- ETSU Graduate eRate
- TN eCampus Undergraduate eRate
- TN eCampus Graduate eRate
- To qualify for the eRate, students must
- meet all ETSU admission requirements and
- be verified as an online out-of-state student.
- The eRate is automatically applied to the student's account if they meet the necessary requirements.
- Students enrolled in any course not classified as online will not be eligible for the eRate but will instead incur traditional non-resident fees and charges for all courses. Online courses eligible for the eRate must be defined in GoldLink with a 9xx section number and identify Web as the instructional method.
- Students who qualify for the eRate are not eligible for any other scholarships or financial support directly from ETSU during the term for which the eRate is applied (students may be eligible for federal financial aid.)
- The eRate will be applied each semester the out-of-state student is enrolled exclusively in online courses and/or programs.
Approved: Information Technology Council
Reviewed: March 2017
Active since: June 2010