- Academic Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Clinical Services
- Language Center at Nave
- News & Events
- CRHS Home
- Contact Us
The field of audiology & speech-language pathology includes extensive opportunities for the audiologist and speech pathologist to assist persons with problems of hearing, speech, and/or language communication.
Through appropriate diagnosis and evaluation and through techniques of (re)habilitation and appropriate counseling, communicatively disordered persons can be led to goals of successful personal, social, and vocational competence. The Department of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (ASLP) offers the
- Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Communicative Disorders with a concentration in Speech-Language Pathology
- Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.).
"To foster excellence in the academic and clinical education of speech-language pathologists and audiologists through commitments to teaching, research, and service; to promote a culture of scholarship and respect for individuals; and to provide a foundation of knowledge and skills that fosters competent, autonomous, clinical practice for the professional lifetime."
The Audiology and Speech Pathology Department at East Tennessee State University houses two programs: a Doctorate in Audiology and a Master's in Communicative Disorders with a concentration in Speech-Language Pathology. The AuD and MS programs are accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700. Both programs completed multi-year self-studies that culminated with a site review in October, 2011. The most favorable outcome of such a review was obtained -- re-accreditation for an 8-year period covering the 2012-2020 cycle. The programs of study and clinical clock hour requirements are designed for the student to obtain the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence and licensure with the State of Tennessee Health Related Boards and/or Board of Education. The Program Assessment Information link contains graduation, national board exam, and employment statistics for classes of 2009-2014.
East Tennessee State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call 404-679-4500, or website: www.sacscoc.org with any questions regarding the accreditation of East Tennessee State University.
- ETSU & the Dept. of ASLP formally welcomes Dr. Lindsay Bondurant to our family! Find more information of our new Pediatric Audiology Expert here.
- Congratulations to Kristi Moore, Mackenzie Anderson, & Erin Boccardo (2nd Yr SLP students) for winning the prestigious TAASLPA Praxis Bowl. We are all proud of you!
- The AuD program will have its first Open House on November 7th (Saturday), 2015 at 9.45 am for potential 2016 applicants. Please find more details here in this Flyer.
- The SLP program will have an Open House on February 13th, 2016 (Saturday) at 9.30 AM for potential 2016 applicants. Please find additional dates in this Flyer.
Please note that the Speech-Language Pathology Open House scheduled for Saturday February 13 is CANCELLED due to inclement weather predictions. We are worried about travel conditions and your safety. We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to attend the scheduled Open House on March 19,2016
- Congratulations to Dr. Marc Fagelson for co-authoring a new book in Tinnitus titled: Tinnitus – Clinical and Research Perspectives. Please find here a copy of the book cover.
See more at at the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)