Preceptors support the experiential education program that provides approximately 30% of the college’s curriculum. They help students learn to apply didactic knowledge in real-world settings. In addition, preceptors model and encourage professionalism, empathy and compassion in patient care.
1. Adjunct faculty appointment
2. Access to the ETSU Quillen College of Medicine Library resources
3. Access to many free continuing education programs and some deeply discounted continuing education programs
4. Free access to Pharmacist’s Letter Preceptor Resource Network which offers a wealth of information to enhance the student’s experience
5. Free access to CEI (Collaborative Education Institute) which provides continuing education specifically designed for preceptor development
Preceptor Development/Training Videos/Materials: