skip to main content columnskip to left navigation

Cohort Programs

School of Continuing Studies and Academic Outreach


ETSU's registrar's office provides a variety of services regarding student registration, transcripts, and other student records.  Cohort students need to contact their academic advisors for information regarding course offerings for each semester:

Office of the Registrar
(Name Change, Intent to Graduate, etc.)
Transcript Requests
Registration Contacts

Registration FAQ's

How do I confirm registration?

You can confirm registration online by following these steps:

  1. Click on "Enter Secure Area"
  2. Enter and submit login information
  3. Click on "Student"
  4. Click on "Student Account"
  5. Click on "Account Detail/Confirm Attendance/Payments and Refunds"
  6. Select term and submit
  7. Follow instructions to complete confirmation.

You can also call the comptroller's office at 423-439-4212 8-4:30 M-F

What is my GoldLink PIN Number?

It is defaulted as your 6-digit date of birth.

How do I change my GoldLink PIN?

If you are able to login, you can change your PIN on by following these steps:

  1. Click on "Enter Secure Area"
  2. Enter and submit login information
  3. Click on "Personal Information"
  4. Click on "Change PIN"
  5. Follow instructions to complete PIN change.

Note: Your new PIN cannot be the same as your old PIN

How do I reset my GoldLink PIN?

Contact the Registration Help line at 423-439-5584

Where are permits for Fall 2008 classes?

You can view all your permits on  by following these steps:

  1. Click on "Enter Secure Area"
  2. Enter and submit login information
  3. Click on "Student"
  4. Click on "Registration"
  5. Click on "Registration Status"
  6. Select term and submit

How do I get a permit for a class?

Please contact the department for assistance in this matter. Use the A-Z index on the ETSU main webpage to find the subjects department.

What does it mean when it says Section Closed?

The class has no seats available. Please try another section of the class or try to get a permit from the department.

What do I do for an appointment time?

Please call the GoldLink hotline. (423) 439-5584

How do I make an appointment time?

Appointment times are assigned according to the number of credit hours you have earned.  Click on appointment times to view your appointment time or call the GoldLink hotline. (423) 439-5584

Who is my advisor?

Please speak to an advisor in your major.

Where can I find information on tuition and fees?

Click here for information on tuition and fees, visit the Bursar's website

Who do I contact with D2L questions such as resetting my D2L PIN?

See the D2L page

You can also contact the Academic Technology Center at Phone: |423| 439-8611 - Fax |423| 439-8610 - Email:

How do I drop a class and how does a "W" affect my grade?

Please visit for more information on dropping courses. Receiving a W grade for a course does not affect you GPA. It only shows in the attempted hours.

I have not been here in a long time.  Do I still have a GoldLink account?  What is my GoldLink acct Number?

If you attended ETSU before 1991, you do not have a GoldLink account. If you attended after 1991, please go to, Enter Secure Area, log in using your SSN and you 6 digit birth date (MM-DD-YY) as the pin. Follow the instructions to navigate through the system. If you need assistance, please contact the help line at 423-439-5584

icon for left menu icon for right menu