TRIO-Student Support Services is a federally funded program designed to help low income, first generation students who may have a documented disability achieve academic success. The program serves 225 students each academic year by providing academic support and personal and career counseling. The overall goal of the program is to increase the number of students who graduate from East Tennessee State University.
Why should you tutor?
- Great pay
- You set your own schedule
- Looks great on resumes and graduate school applications
- Keeps material fresh for graduate and professional school entrance exams
- Provide academic tutoring to program participants & assist in developing study strategies
- Work with the student to develop a tutoring plan & academic goals that fits the student’s individual needs
- Prepare tutoring sessions that ensure the academic development of the student
- Communicate with program staff about the student’s progress
- Participate in SSS tutor training sessions
- Be an undergraduate student currently enrolled at ETSU
- Completed the course you wish to tutor at ETSU & received no lower than a B
- An Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate knowledge & competence in the subject matter
- Enjoy teaching the subject you wish to tutor
- Be able to effectively explain concepts to individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Possess good organizational skills & complete paperwork accurately & in a timely manner
- Exhibit patience & positive attitudes in establishing an encouraging learning environment
*Those who can tutor multiple courses &/or are SSS program participants are competitive applicants*
If you are interested in applying download and complete our pre-employment questionnaire. Return the completed form to TRIO-Student Support Services 318 D.P. Culp Center.
We are currently hiring tutors for the following: BIOL 3100; HSCI 2230, 3000, 3020, 3030, 3046,3320;
MATH 1710, 1720, 1910, 1920
Pay is $11/hr; make your own schedule!
Contact Meagan @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!