Black American Writers Series
A partnership between Black American Studies, The Bert C. Bach Written Word Initiative, and the Department of Literature & Language.
The Black American Writers Series is a partnership between Black American Studies, The Bert C. Bach Written Word Initiative, and the Department of Literature & Language. The interdisciplinary series is set in the heart of Black American Studies, a major interdisciplinary program in the College of Arts & Sciences. This series brings noteworthy essayists, poets, writers, journalists, historians, and others to the campus of East Tennessee State University to highlight and spotlight the contributions of Black American Writers.
Black American Writers Series Working Group
- Dr. Daryl A. Carter, Associate Dean, Director/Black American Studies, Professor of History
- Dr. Jesse Graves, Professor of Literature & Language, Director/Bert C. Back Written Word Initiative
- Dr. Jennifer Price, Assistant Dean/Outreach & Recruitment
- Dr. Alan Holmes, Associate Dean and Professor of Literature & Language
- Dr. Daniel Westover, Chair/Literature & Language and Professor of Literature & Language
- Dr. Heather Hoover, George and Janet Arnold Chair of Humanities, Milligan University