- Budget Office
- Budget Timeline
- Financial Services/Comptroller
- Foundation Accounting
- Procurement and Contract Services
- Tax & Revenue Services
- Financial Procedures
- Reporting Fraud, Waste or Abuse
- Contact Us
Financial Services and Procurement Year-End Processing
Activities and Deadlines:
- Process FY 18 purchase requisitions that require sealed bidding ($50,000 or more)
- Friday, May 4, 2018
- Submit budget revisions for travel and supplies for FY 18 to Budget and Finance
- Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Process FY 18 purchase requisitions that do not require sealed bidding (less than
- Friday, May 18, 2018
- New year purchase requisitions can be entered into eBucs (FY 19 budgets are available)
- Beginning Monday, June 11, 2018
- Procards – Last day, FY 18 Procard trans. (depends on vendor card process. – not guaranteed
- Thursday, June 14, 2018
- All petty cash and new loan activity ends
- Friday, June 15, 2018
- Last day to request a student balance of aid check disbursement
- Monday, June 18, 2018
- June 30th timesheets must be entered by 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, June 28, 2018
- All FY 18 blanket purchases orders are cancelled by Procurement
- Tuesday, June 26, 2018
- All funds on hand must be deposited with the cashiers in Financial Services before
- Friday, June 29, 2018
- Last day for approved Fiscal Year Salary Allocations and Extra Compensation forms
for FY 2018
- Monday, July 2, 2018
- New FY 19 purchase orders are released to suppliers by Procurement
- Tuesday, July 3, 2018
- All Account/Notes Receivable information must be submitted to Office of Financial
- Thursday, July 5, 2018
- Last day for any financial corrections and approved budget revisions
- Monday, July 16, 2018
Requisitions for Current Year Purchase Orders:
The last day to place orders (create requisitions) in eBucs, the electronic purchasing system, using 2017-2018 funds is May 18, 2018. This includes university, grant and foundation accounts. Requisitions placed in eBucs by May 18, 2018 will be processed into purchase orders no later than June 29, 2018.
Requisitions that require sealed bids for products and services $50,000 or more must be entered and approved in eBucs no later than May 4, 2018.
Between May 19 and June 8 no orders can be placed in eBucs.
Beginning June 11, orders for the new 2018-2019 fiscal year can be entered into eBucs, as the new fiscal year funds will be loaded into Banner. However, the 2018-2019 purchase orders will be held in a special electronic folder until July 3. On July 3, late in the afternoon, all the completed purchase orders will then be released electronically to the suppliers. Do not contact suppliers to check on these orders as the supplier will not have received the order until July 3.
Procards: It can take several days for Procard charges to post to your Procard account. Purchases made using the Procard for non-eBucs orders should be made early enough to assure they will post to your Procard statement before June 27, the end of the June billing cycle. Any Procard charges that do not get posted to the June statement will be posted to the next fiscal year. Procard monthly limits can only be raised between May 18 and June 27 with written approval from the appropriate Vice President.
Receipts for Goods and Services: Departments should continue to create receipts in eBucs for goods and services received. There is no suspension for the receipting process.
Reimbursement Requests, Advertisements and Copy Paper Requests: The following forms will continue to be available for processing in eBucs beyond May 18. Requests submitted on these forms after the dates listed below may be paid from FY 18-19 funds.
- Reimbursement Requests = June 29, 1:30 pm
- Business Meals
- Travel Claim
- Team/Group Travel
- Study Abroad Travel
- Direct Billed Rental Vehicles (Enterprise) = June 29, 1:30 pm
- Advertising = June 29, 1:30 pm
- Copy Paper Request = June 22, 4:00 pm
Review Open Encumbrances: Each department should review purchase order encumbrances in Banner Self-Service against their accounts for items that should be unencumbered. (Ex. Blanket orders against which no additional orders will be placed, remaining items on the PO that have been canceled by the company, invoice was less than the PO amount and remaining encumbrance needs to be canceled, etc.). Send a memo or email to Procurement, firstname.lastname@example.org to request encumbrance removals for purchase orders. Only send notification to cancel a purchase order AFTER FINAL PAYMENT against the PO has been completed in Banner.
Invoices and Reimbursable Receipts received with a June 30th date or earlier will be charged to the current FY 17-18 budget as time permits. Any invoices or reimbursable receipts with a July 1st date or later will be charged to the new FY 18-19.
Any questions regarding the year-end purchasing process can be addressed to Procurement, ext. 94224.
- All Petty Cash activity ends for fiscal year 2018 on June 15th. All Petty Cash funds will be called and counted prior to June 29th and are subject to re-count by Internal Audit or State Audit.
- All new loan (Perkins, SGA, short-term loans, etc) activity for fiscal year 2018 will be stopped on June 15th.
- The last day to request a student balance of aid check disbursement for fiscal year 2018 is June 18th.
- All June 30th timesheets must be entered by 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 28th.
- All funds on hand must be deposited with the cashiers in the Office of Financial Services before 11:00 a.m. on Friday, June 29th.
FYSA and Extra Compensation Forms:
- All approved Fiscal Year Salary Allocations forms for fiscal year 2018 (retroactive changes for the fiscal year 2018) must be received in the Office of Financial Services by 4:30 p.m. on July 2nd.
- All approval processes must be completed for extra compensation and the form must be received in the Human Resources Office before 4:30 p.m. on July 2nd for inclusion in fiscal year 2018.
GoldLink and e-Print:
Preliminary financial reports for June are available on GoldLink and Banner e-Print beginning July 9th. Departments are responsible for reviewing reports on GoldLInk or e-Print. Last day for corrections to charges after reviewing the preliminary financial information is Monday July, 16th. These changes must be received in the Office of Financial Services by 4:30 p.m.
All miscellaneous Accounts Receivable invoicing for fiscal year 2018 stops on Thursday, July 5th. All requests and accounts/notes receivable information should be received by Stephanie Fletcher in the Office of Financial Services before 4:30 p.m. The accounts/notes receivable information should be listed in TBR format showing aging, accrued interest, deferred, etc., which has been provided to each department routinely recording accounts receivable.
Last day for approved budget revisions to be received in the Budget Office is Monday, July 16th. In accordance with approved university policy, any budget account which reflects an aggregate over-run on travel, operating and equipment at the end of the fiscal year may have the amount of the over-run deducted from the following year’s allocation. The reviewing official will identify the source for which the reduction will be made.
Any questions regarding the year-end processes can be addressed to the Office of Financial Services, ext. 94275 or the Budget Office, ext. 94383.