- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Specialty Programs
- Professional School Admission Tests
- Calendar of Events
- Recruitment Fair
- Student Organizations
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED)
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- Animal Health Science Student Organization (AHSSO)
- Chronic Illness and Disease Awareness (CIDA)
- ETSU American Student Dental Association Pre-Dental Chapter (ASDA)
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- Multicultural Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS)
- Physician Assistant Student Organization (PASO)
- Pre-Optometry Student Organization (POSO)
- Pre-Pharmacy Student Organization (PPSO)
- Pre-Student Osteopathic Medicine Association (SOMA)
- Timmy Global Health
- Contact Us
All seniors should have completed an Intent to Graduate form through the Graduation Office and a major program sheet in consultation with the designated departmental advisor for the major.
Advisement goals for seniors
- Examine general education requirements along with any required courses for programs of study and/or academic majors. Be conscious of remaining general education requirements (including proficiency intensive requirements).
- Be aware of prerequisite courses in preparation for taking upper-level courses in either programs of study or academic majors. Professional school prerequisite courses should be completed at this point.
- Come to each advisement appointment prepared with courses of interest for the upcoming semester.
- Schedule an individual advisement appointment with your major advisor and the MPA Office before course registration begins.
Timeline for seniors
Complete the MPA Committee Evaluation or request a letter of recommendation from your advisor.
This process should be completed during the spring/summer before your senior year.
Prepare your application to professional schools early and be ready to submit early.
Determine if you will be using an application service (e.g. AMCAS, AACOMAS, PHARMCAS, CASPA) or if the school you are applying has an independent application.
Please release your application information to your pre-health advisor on the application so that we may have comprehensive data of our ETSU application pool. You may log back into your application, and change your status to allow your pre-health advisors to receive your information.
Finish each professional school's secondary application when it becomes available
Some schools respond automatically with a secondary application others will respond only if they are interested in your application and want to know more about you.
Be prepared to schedule and attend interviews, as invited.
Preparation for interview should include research of the school for which you are interviewing, knowledge of current health care issues, basic grooming, and appropriate attire. Remember, the entire day is part of the professional interview; just because you may have a break, or may be on tour with other students, does not mean you are not being evaluated.
Complete your degree.
Complete requirements for your bachelor's degree
Advisement goals for