1 of 4
The Master of Arts in Brand and Media Strategy is a workforce-driven degree, providing students with cross-disciplinary theoretical and applied approaches in content creation and content distribution, as well as audience insight and analytics.
This degree will appeal to any media, communication or marketing professional interested in brand and media management/production, as well as scholars in digital journalism, film, public relations, advertising, and/or brand communication.Students learn through curriculum and experiences converging communication, media, sociology, marketing, computing, literature and language, as well as art and technology.
The program differs from most as it is a collaboration with Fortune 500 industry partners, giving students the opportunity of earning software certifications as well as providing real industry experiences while earning their degree. Possible industry certifications include Adobe’s Digital Marketing Accreditation, Adobe’s Creative Cloud solution certifications, as well as certifications from Google, Salesforce and others.
The program’s interdisciplinary approach is built on a "faculty mentoring" foundation providing students the opportunity to build their own unique program around their expected professional outcomes. Great elective options can be found in the M.A. in Sociology, as well as the shared 100% online M.S. in Digital Marketing. Additional collaborative graduate programs can be found in psychology, digital media, art, film, computing, literature and language, and others.
Program Admission Requirements
All application materials must be sent to the ETSU School of Graduate Studies, Box 70720, Johnson City, TN 37614.
In addition to the materials required by the School of Graduate Studies, applicants for the M.A. in Brand and Media Strategy are required to submit the following to the School of Graduate Studies:
- Statement of Purpose. This approximately 1000-1500 word essay describes the applicant’s goals for his or her graduate research and/or creative work. The committee uses this information to determine if faculty expertise are a good match for the applicant’s interests and to see if the applicant’s agenda is reasonable;
- Undergraduate Transcript. A GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale is required for domestic students and 3.0 required for international students; and
- Must have three (3) letters of recommendation submitted on their behalf.
- International students should refer to the Graduate Catalog section on international student admission for additional requirements.
- NOTE: GRE/GMAT is not required
M.A. Brand & Media Strategy Curriculum (36 hours)
Required Courses: 18 Credit Hours
- MCOM 5080 - Media Law and Ethics (3 credits)
- MCOM 5100 - Digital Strategic Communication (3 credits)
- PUBR 5310 - Media Management (3 credits)
- PUBR 5320 - Public Relations Case Studies (3 credits)
- SOCI 5210 - Sociological Research (3 credits)
- MCOM 5058 - Media Theory (3 credits)
Guided Electives: 12-18 Credit Hours
- Required for thesis option: 12 credit hours
- Required for non-thesis option: 18 credit hours
Submit an application to the Brand & Media Strategy program today.Submit an application