- Undergraduate Programs
- MS In Technology
- Contact Us
Welcome to East Tennessee State University! Thank you for your interest in the Master of Science in Technology program in the Department of Engineering, Engineering Technology, and Surveying.
The department’s dedicated faculties, hands on learning model and advanced labs will help you to enhance your general, professional, and technical skills and prepare you for the global economy of the twenty first century. The curriculum will prepare you with skills and knowledge to be effective in dynamic technology-driven industries and businesses.
The Department offers the MS in Technology in two concentrations:
- Engineering Technology
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
The MS in Technology can prepare you for a variety of careers such as
- Project Manager or Leader
- Production Control Manager
- Technical Consultant
- Manufacturing Supervisor
- Technical Sales Manager
- Process Engineer
- Qaulity Engineer
Admission requirements are the same for both the Engineering Technology and Entrepreneurial Leadership concentration. To be eligible for admission
- A student must possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning. The degree major or minor should be in an engineering/ engineering technology related area. In the case of a deficiency in the applicant’s undergraduate background, the student will be required to complete the needed undergraduate courses prior to acceptance into the graduate program.
- An overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading system.
- MATH 1530 or an undergraduate course in probability and statistics.
- The minimum score for the TOEFL is 213 (computer-based), 550 (paper-based), or 79 (internet-based). The minimum score for IELTS is 6.5 for graduate applicants. GRE is not required but highly recommended.
- Transcripts must be evaluated by WES
- Official transcripts, diploma and recommendation letters must be signed and sent in sealed envelope by the issuing university. Please do not open the envelope as this will void the official documents.
Once enrolled, student must select one of the following two tracks:
- Thesis Track: Requires at least 30 credit hours, including ENTC 5960 Thesis.
- Non-thesis Track: Requires at least 36 credit hours, including ENTC 5800 Strategic Experience.
For both tracks and concentrations, all graduate students have to complete 9 credit hours of general core, 9 credit hours of concentration core, 3 credit hours of thesis or strategic experience and 9 -15 credit hours of approved electives.
Fall : March 31
Spring: September 30
Graduate assistantship and tuition scholarship application form should be submitted to Department Chair, Keith Johnson. Scholarship and/or Graduate Assistantship Application deadline is the same as the application deadline.
Helpful Link: ETSU Graduate Catalog
Questions? Contact Dr. Mohammad Moin Uddin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-439-4164
For admission related questions contact
East Tennessee State University
School of Graduate Studies
PO Box 70720
Johnson City, TN 37614-1710