Academic Employment Experience
- Allen and Ruth Harris Chair of Excellence in Business and Professor of Management, College of Business and Technology, East Tennessee State University, 1999-present
- Dean and Professor of Management, College of Business, East Tennessee State University, 1981-1999
- Assistant Dean, College of Commerce and Business Administration, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, 1976-1981
- Coordinator, Human Resources Management Program, and Manpower and Industrial Relations Institute, University of Alabama, 1973-1975
- Assistant Professor to Professor, University of Alabama, 1968-1981
- Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant, Cornell University, 1964-1968
Other Employment Experience
- Labor Economist, U.S. Department of Labor, Washington, D.C., Manpower Administration, 1965 and Bureau of Labor Statistics, 1966.
- Labor Arbitrator, Member, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, National Roster of Labor Arbitrators (Currently Inactive).
- Consultant to a number of private and public sector organizations on subjects related to management, organizational structure, personnel practices, affirmative action, labor relations, business school management and AACSB International accreditation.