TBR PROGRAM CHANGE, NEW ACADEMIC UNIT FORM
INSTRUCTIONS and EXAMPLES
FORM: PC (Program Change, also used for the Creation Of A New Academic Unit)
Dont alter contents of form.
If an item on this form is not applicable for the proposal,
1. Submitted by: EastTennessee State University_
Name of Institution
2. Type of Program Change (
Check those that apply):
_____ Title change only (may be submitted as a memo or by responding to item 3 below)
Note: This information must be submitted to the TBR Office of the Provost prior to implementation so that academic inventory records can be properly maintained.
_____ *Create a new academic unit
_____ *Consolidate an existing academic program
_____ *Substantive Curriculum Modification in an existing academic program
_____ Termination of an existing program or concentration
_____ Inactivation of an existing program or concentration (If a program is not reactivated
within a period of three years, the program will automatically be terminated and removed
from the Academic Inventory by December of that year.)
_____ Reactivation of a program that was placed on inactivation within the past 3 y ears
Date of inactivation:
_____ Add item, such as Admissions Revision, if needed
3. Indicate Program Change: Put NA if there have been no changes or fill in the table if there are changes in title, degree, and/or CIP code.
Before the Proposed Change
After the Proposed Change
Title of Old Program or
Title of New Program or Certificate Option
4.*Attach a copy of the "before and after" curriculum or organizational chart, as applicable, and a rationale for the proposed change.
Label attachments as appendices and note title of attachment. Examples:
Appendix A, Current and Proposed Curriculum for the B. S. in xxxx or Appendix B, Organization Chart for New Academic Unit.
Use a table for a current and proposed attachment. Examples can be found in CPS Archives.
5. Intended implementation date for program change: This date should match the one presented on the Cover and Summary forms.
6. For terminations, date phase-out period will end: Add date only if the proposal is terminating a program. Otherwise, put in NA
7. If it has not been covered on other forms, briefly describe the reasons for the requested action and the implications that the proposed action will have on any of the following: 1) fiscal resources, 2) personnel, and 3) students or other clientele,
and 4) institutional desegregation objectives.
Under most circumstances, the appropriate response is NA