Part-Time Faculty Resources
As a part-time (adjunct) faculty member, you represent a powerful, skilled, scholarly resource for the Department of Counseling and Human Services at East Tennessee State University. The expertise you bring to the classroom provides a rich experience for our students. On behalf of the department, Clemmer College, and the university, thank you for your outstanding efforts and dedication to the education of our students. Whether this is your first semester as a member of our team or you have served with us for many years, we hope that you will enjoy your experience!
To that end, we want to help you in any any that we can. We have developed this online "manual" just for you! Additionally, each of our part-time faculty members are linked to a department faculty course liaison who will provide course specific information, resources, and expectations to assist you in your planning and delivery of the course. You are also welcome to contact the program coordinator associated with your course or department the department chair with questions, concerns, or ideas.
Dr. Julia Bernard
Counseling Program Coordinator
Dr. Rebekah Byrd
Human Services Program Coordinator
Dr. Bill Garris
Are you interested in joining the part-time faculty of CSHS?
Please send a letter of interest and curriculum vita/resume outlining education and professional experiences to the contacts listed above.
Policies and Procedures
- Hiring Paperwork (new and returning part-time faculty)
- Employee Information - Paperwork and Essentials
- Course Related Information - Syllabus, Permits, Course Policies
- Course Grading and Student Learning Outcome Assessment
- Concerns about Student Performance/Plagiarism/Academic Misconduct
- End of Semester Protocol - Dead Week, Finals, SAI
- Retaining Course Information
- Course Evaluations - Student Assessment of Instruction (SAI)
- Copyright and Intellectual Property, Academic Freedom
- FERPA Policy
- Plagiarism and Academic Misconduct
- Student Support
- Technology and Research Resources
Just-in-time Videos (more coming soon!!)
- Course Information on Goldlink
- Attendance Reporting
- Early Semester Progress Reports
- Entering Grades